Dauphin Electric was founded by the John S. Musser family in 1901 as the Arrowsmith Electric Company to provide "Everything Electrical" to Harrisburg and the surrounding Central Pennsylvania area. On January 1, 1907, the company was incorporated. Many name changes later, we became the company you know today, Dauphin Electric.
After serving Central Pennsylvania from our Harrisburg location, in 1968 a second location was opened in York under the name of York-Lancaster Electric. This location served the York and Lancaster markets, as well as the surrounding South Central Pennsylvania area. York also served as a temporary company headquarters in 1972 when the Harrisburg facility was damaged during Hurricane Agnes. This enabled Dauphin Electric to continue uninterrupted service at a time of great need while a new 60,000 square foot facility was being constructed in Harrisburg.
Dauphin Electric again expanded in 1979 with the opening of a third location in Lewisburg. This 17,500 square foot facility serves the North Central area of the Commonwealth. At the same time, the York facility was renamed to Dauphin Electric.
Between 1994 and 1996, respectively, Dauphin Electric opened locations in Lebanon and Mechanicsburg to give contractors easier access to our products.
In February, 2000 Dauphin Electric was acquired by Consolidated Electrical Distributors (CED). Currently based in Texas, CED has been in the electrical distribution business since 1957 and has more than 600 locations across the United States.
Today, Dauphin Electric's plans for a bright future are based on our tradition of excellence. We are committed to offering quality products, competitive pricing and the highest level of customer service available in the industry.